Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Jega's Office On Fire

A fire outbreak was today averted in the office of INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, in Abuja.

Prince Solomon Soyebi, National Commissioner in charge of Information and Publicity Committee of the Commission, told newsmen that the fire was caused by a faulty air conditioner.

“It is a purely electrical affair,” Soyebi said.

He explained that the fire started at about 10:40 a.m. and was extinguished by INEC staff with the use of fire extinguishers.

Soyebi said the fire was noticed by a staff member who saw smoke coming out from the room.

“The damage is not beyond this place, no sensitive material, no non-sensitive material.

“The fire was brought under control with fire extinguishers despite the fact that we had fire control service vehicles,” soyebi added.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the fire burnt the air conditioner, electrical cables and curtains in the room.

Jega’s office had been undergoing renovation since after the April elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment